What exactly is Internet?
- ´The Internet is a global network connecting millions of computers. More than 190 countries are linked into exchanges of data, news and opinions.
- ´The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies.
- The “Internet of things” (IoT) is an increasingly growing topic of conversation both in the workplace and outside of it. It’s a concept that not only has the potential to impact how we live but also how we work.
Consumers in the 21st Century
- ´The internet has grown faster than any other medium in History.
- ´By 2020 over 1200 million people will have access to the Internet which will be 30% of the population on Earth.
- Internet usage in the developed nations has reached a critical stage.
- More and more people in developing world are using the internet.
- Sales through the internet have grown from mere 2% to around 14% of the total sales since 2002 in India alone. There are specialised sites even on Hatha Yoga teacher training.
Ranking High on Google Search is the In Thing for Business
- How to Rank high on google searches has been the major concern of companies worldwide.
- If you go and use Ad clicks or Ad Words by Google you can rank high on google searches. However, it is expensive.
- More subtle techniques are off-line SEO techniques like blogs and forums